Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Spanglish


After my last lesson is espanol today, I realized I am NOT a master in languages. I grew up speaking Chinglish (chinese and english) and noticed today in my last spanish lesson that I, too, was speaking a hybrid language, Spanglish. My tutor kept telling me to please speak to him in Spanish...I'm sure I'll adapt after next week, when no one around me other than my husband speaks to me in English.

I'm sad about our cat also. We will leave her for six months to our friend eDubbs. eDubbs will be a great 'mother' to her but I'll miss her. Marbles is like a kid to us, although in cat age she's about 50 years old or so (7 years times 7 years in cat years).

Wilson and I tried a new restaurant tonight, Pesce. Good, fairly expensive seafood. We originally wanted to go to Nick's Crispy Tacos in Russian Hill but unfortunately it was $2 Tuesday tacos so the line to the taco stand was 20 + people. We'd have much rather paid more money for the tacos than to have stood in such a huge line. But since the restaurant is attached to Rouge, a lounge that was also having Happy Hour ($2 beers, martinis, margaritas), it's a great combo for the young-at-heart-happy-hour-San-Franciscans: cheap alcohol and cheap tacos.

Anyway, as I mentioned in my last blog, my first day of unemployment (today) has been excellent. Can't wait to experience my next 180 plus days of unemployment. I guess it's not too hard to get use to. I'm finally getting giddy about leaving the country. I've been in 'ah' about doing this 6-month journey since Wilson and I have talked about it for nearly 2 years now and I can't believe it's finally happening.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates. Oh! And I bought a book on Columbia today and a book on Spanish Verbs. 20 percent off as a Borders member! So you guessed it...our $20 book is going to inspire us to visit Columbia!

Buenas Noches Amigos!

No comments: