Tuesday, July 8, 2008

8 days and counting...

8 more days until we are on a plane to Antigua, Guatemala.

My last day at work was yesterday. It was a sad day since I knew I'd miss all my friends and co-workers I was use to seeing 8+ hours a day. And then there's today...it wasn't as bad as I thought. It's interesting how there really is a life outside of work. I saw my friend and former co-worker Karen. She's doing good and looks extremely relaxed. I also saw my optometrist one last time before leaving. She is monitoring my 'dry eyes' from my (not so) recent LASIK surgery in May.

Today was also my first day without a cell phone. Not sure how we use to do it just 10 years ago. I am using a paper planner (don't laugh, please) and am absolutely disconnected from mobile email and SMS. I think my fingers are twitching from no SMS'ing or "Blackberrying." It's really weird. I'll have to get use it. I hope my "GO" phone comes today (although it's 2 p.m. now and I still have not received it).

I will take my last Espanol class today from Adan. He's a good instructor for conversation. I'll need to start memorizing my verb conjugations also. I think that'll be the toughest part of learning the language.

We'll also need to start packing. We need to fit 6-months of our lives into one rolly-backpack. Wish us luck!

That's it for my first day out of work. Hasta!

No comments: