Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

May 26 (Memorial Day)

It was a good 3-day weekend. Wilson spent the weekend in LA while I stayed in the Bay Area. I caught up with friends, family and tried to do more for the trip (which unfortunately was not much other than studying Spanish). Although I've committed to learning 10 days a word, I think my success rate has only been 20 percent. I've been reading the Spanish dictionary trying to find words I can see myself needing on a day-to-day basis. I also practiced Spanish with this older lady on Bart this past weekend. She was a real nice lady (since she didn't laugh at me).

Other highlights:
+ Susan and I went to see Gilbert and his family (he's an old friend of ours)
+ Marbles caught a mouse but failed to kill it. So I got 'rid' of it
+ Our house is being painted
+ I cooked an omelet (and no, not Spanish style)
+ My eyes are seeing better. My right eye sees 20/15!
###

No comments: